Lecture Slides

I will use PowerPoint slides during lecture to outline major points.  If you wish, you may download these and print them as an outline to aid your note-taking.  You should not assume that they contain everything that I will say in lecture or ask you on the exams!  These slides are just an aid to note-taking, not a substitute for reading the text, attending lecture and taking notes.

The ppt files are the Powerpoint slides.  The pdf files are set up to print 3 slides per page with some room for note-taking.

I will be editing these files as we go- I'll try to work ahead and I'll post them as soon as possible, but, don't expect them days ahead of time. More often, it will be the night or morning before lecture!

To download a file, just right click on the one you want and save or open it.  Your computer must have MS PowerPoint to open the ppt files, and Adobe Acrobat reader to open the pdf files.  Some are slow to load- be patient.

IF you get a screen asking for a password or authorization- just check "cancel" and it should go away and not return.  Please contact me if you have any difficulty accessing these files.

LEC-1 ppt  pdf LEC-2
ppt  pdf
Water-narrated
ppt   pdf
Organic Chemistry-narrated
ppt   pdf
Carbohydrates & lipids narrated ppt  pdf Proteins & nucleic acids- narrated ppt  pdf Energy and metabolism- narrated ppt   pdf LEC-5 Cells
ppt  pdf

LEC-6 Energy metabolism ppt  pdf
LEC-7 Photosynthesis
ppt  pdf
LEC-8
DNA
ppt  pdf
LEC-9 Transcription & Translation
ppt  pdf
LEC-10
Gene expression, cell division  
ppt  pdf
LEC-11 virus and prokaryote genetics
ppt  pdf
LEC-11A Genetics beyond Mendel
ppt   pdf
LEC-12
Evolution
ppt  pdf