VI. It happened, when men began to multiply on the surface of the ground, and daughters were born to them, [2]  that God's sons saw that men's daughters were beautiful, and they took for themselves wives of all that they chose. [3]  Yahweh said, "My Spirit will not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; yet will his days be one hundred twenty years." [4]  The Nephilim were in the earth in those days [LXX: 'Giants', γίγαντες] and also after that, when God's sons came to men's daughters. They bore children to them: the same were the mighty men [LXX: 'Giants', γίγαντες] who were of old, men of renown. [5]  Yahweh saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. [6]  Yahweh was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him in his heart. [7]  Yahweh said, "I will destroy man whom I have created from the surface of the ground; man, along with animals, creeping things, and birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them." [8]  But Noah found favor in Yahweh's eyes. [9]  This is the history of the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time. Noah walked with God. [10]  Noah became the father of three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. [11]  The earth was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. [12]  God saw the earth, and saw that it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth. [13]  God said to Noah, "The end of all flesh has come before me, for the earth is filled with violence through them. Behold, I will destroy them with the earth. [14]  Make an ark of gopher wood. . . .

VII.[17]  The flood was forty days on the earth. The waters increased, and lifted up the ark, and it was lifted up above the earth. [18]  The waters prevailed, and increased greatly on the earth; and the ark floated on the surface of the waters. [19]  The waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth. All the high mountains that were under the whole sky were covered. [20]  The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered. [21]  All flesh died that moved on the earth, including birds, cattle, animals, every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, and every man. [22]  All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, of all that was on the dry land, died. [23]  Every living thing was destroyed that was on the surface of the ground, including man, cattle, creeping things, and birds of the sky. They were destroyed from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those who were with him in the ark. [24]  The waters prevailed on the earth one hundred fifty days. . . .

VIII.[14]  In the second month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, the earth was dry. [15]  God spoke to Noah, saying, [16]  "Go forth from the ark, you, and your wife, and your sons, and your sons' wives with you. [17]  Bring forth with you every living thing that is with you of all flesh, including birds, cattle, and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth; that they may breed abundantly in the earth, and be fruitful, and multiply on the earth." [18]  Noah went forth, with his sons, his wife, and his sons' wives with him. [19]  Every animal, every creeping thing, and every bird, whatever moves on the earth, after their families, went forth out of the ark. [20]  Noah built an altar to Yahweh, and took of every clean animal, and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. [21]  Yahweh smelled the sweet savor. Yahweh said in his heart, "I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake, because the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I ever again strike everything living, as I have done. [22]  While the earth remains, seed time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."