Links to Health Care Web Sites
Search Engines - Web Sites that help you find stuff
- General Search Engines
- Hot Bot
- Missouri State Library
- Harvard Library (use Hollis, for which you must have telnet capability)
- The Library of Congress
- Academic Search Engines
- CARL (usually you'll want to use "uncover" to search the data base.)
- Proprietary Indexes
- Available through Missouri State - you either must be on campus to use these indexes or using the Missouri State dial-in modems if off campus.
- EBSCOHost - this source has quite a few journal articles on-line, including the full text and tables.
- First Search
- an excellent source for journal article searches. The Missouri State library does not currently subscribe to ECONLIT under First Search, an economic literature database. However, I have requested that they consider subscribing. First Search still is a useful search engine.
- InfoShare - this site is more useful for education majors and sociologists but may be occassionaly useful.
- IAC SearchBank - this site, similar to EBSCOHost, has journal articles on-line, including the full text and tables. Articles can be printed from the browser, downloaded or e-mailed to you.
- Lexis-Nexis - LEXIS®-NEXIS® Academic Universe provides access to a wide range of news, business, legal, and reference information.
- Gale Research - Databases about authors, science, and history. Extensive biographical and literary criticism about authors who write in different areas.
Do you know any good Health Care Web Sites? E-Mail Dr. Olsen with the site address, please.
Back to Dr. Olsen's Curriculum Page