Skip search and site index

Turfgrass Weeds:

Crop and Garden Weeds:

Pasture, Range and Roadside Weeds:

Aquatic and Wetland Weeds/Plants:

• Click below to see a list of aquatic and wetland weeds and plants featured on this site that are frequently found in wetlands, streambanks and aquatic areas

List of All Weeds in Alphabetical Order:

Use of Photos

All photos on the Midwest Weed site are the property of Pamela B. Trewatha (unless otherwise noted).  They can be used for single  use, with permission, without cost for educational, web and commercial purposes.  Most photos are available at larger size and higher resolution than shown on the site.  Please contact me if you wish to obtain the higher resolution file.  I also like to hear about where the photos are used, so I can list them in my photo credits.  Thank you for your interest and assistance.

Photo credit:      Pamela B. Trewatha, Missouri State University

Contact:  pbtrewatha@missouristate.edu

Phone:  417-883-8397                          

Need Help with Weed Identification?

Send digital photos of your unknown weeds to see if we can assist you in their identification.

E-mail:  pbtrewatha@missouristate.edu

To person who sent two photos of a lawn weed last week (first week of May 2016):  they were both corn speedwell; I'm afraid I lost your e-mail-- please re-e-mail me for more information.  Thank  you & I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Weed Survey

Spring/Summer 2016

Are wild ornamental pears growing in your area?

Ornamental Pear webpage

Seedlings of ornamental pears (like Bradford, Aristocrat, etc.) have escaped cultivation in parts of the central U.S., and are rapidly becoming abundant and invasive to open woods, pastures and prairies in many areas.  If you are seeing this where you live,  please let me know approximately how many--

* less than 10 trees

* 10-50 trees

*  over 50 trees

and in what habitat and county/state you have seen them.

Please e-mail me at pbtrewatha@missouristate.edu

Thank you very much!!